cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 64

Re: No internet

Go to solution

I get 2 Mbps using it which is next to useless.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 64

Go to solution

I just called BT again and they are still stating that it says "Completion by end of day 28/06/2022 but as I told the agent we were told that it would be 08:30 this morning and all she could say is perhaps it was changed to an afternoon appointment.

If nobody shows Today is there any kind of reimbursement we can claim for a missed engineers visit?

Are there any moderators on this forum who can look into this and help?  Iam happy to PM you my details including BT Account Number and Order Number.  Can also provide my ONT Serial Number if that helps?

Thanks in advance

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 64

Go to solution

See link re compensation.

Automatic Compensation | BT Help

If you have not already done this call the FTTP team on 0800 587 4787 to see if they can chase things up.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 64

Go to solution

We have been calling the FTTP line several times a day since the 17th and we are getting nowhere with it...

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 64

Go to solution

The moderators can not deal with FTTP problems so all you can do is keep calling the FTTP team.

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 64

Go to solution

OK thanks

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 64

Go to solution

@WelshDave  The civils team are not engineers so I cannot see how you could claim for a missed engineer appointment.

Is "completion by" for the civils work or the connection?

Even when the civils work is completed it still requires an engineer to complete the connection.

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 64

Go to solution

We were told by 3 different members of the FTTP team that civils would also complete the connection so there would be no further engineer visit needed.  How true that is I really don't know as we were promised multiple times that everything would be complete by the end of the day 0n the 28th but we saw no sign of OpenReach Yesterday.

The woman my wife spoke to on the phone last night was told that a Civils appointment DOES count as a missed engineer appointment and said a payment for missing the appointment would be applied to our account but again how true that is I don't know.

We have now been without telephone service, broadband, and TV since the 17th.  I have an autistic child and autistic wife and they have a very tough time dealing with anything that isn't within their normal routine so they are at their limits.  I work a hybrid role and usually work three days a week from home but since the 17th have had to come into the office every day.

All we get every time we call is another broken promise...

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 64

Go to solution

Another call to the FTTP team and no updates on where they are at.  Told that if nobody shows Today to check back with them Tomorrow for an update.  Almost 2 weeks and counting....

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 64

Go to solution

My wife called BT earlier to see if there any updates and was told Civils are very busy and will get to you when they can and have nothing in the system to say when they will do it.

Wife asked about cancelling and was told that because no services have been delivered we could cancel with no penalty if we wanted to - nice approach to customer services!!  Problem is we wanted everything through one provider and now that PlusNet have stopped doing TV that only leaves TalkTalk and that's who we came from because or rubbish broadband speeds....

0 Ratings