cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

ONT Mismatch - Neighbours somehow have our ONT allocated to their property

Posting as I'm growing very concerned... I have just moved into a new build and am the first registered owner. We have a BT Openreach ONT box in the kitchen, with flashing LEDs, and OR terminal on our external wall. We have tried to order a new broadband service but this has been rejected by Openreach. It seems that our ONT serial number has been matched to our neighbour's house. We have been asked to request our neighbours contact their provider to request the ONT serial number be corrected, but they are not being particularly helpful or showing any interest, and we are at their mercy.

Is there any way that I can liaise with Openreach directly on this matter. All of Openreach guidance suggests that any network query has to come through our communications supplier, but we don't have one - as nobody is able to connect us due to the 'theft' of our ONT.

If anyone has any suggestions I would be very grateful.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: ONT Mismatch - Neighbours somehow have our ONT allocated to their property

I think you can call the FTTP Team 08005874787 and try figure stuff like this out, hope that number is still correct, if you cant get through it pings you to CS who likely wont be able to help, assuming youve follow that already, so youll have to try again.

This happens alot when plot numbers dont eventually match the addresses on new sites/builds, from posts I have read elsewhere alot of the time its quite easily fixed once the right person gets involved.

Does next doors internet work via their ONT or are they not using it?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT900 | Nokia ONT | Ubiquiti ER-X | EETV Box Pro (IP Mode) | Unifi CK2 | 6x Unifi U6+ | 2x Unifi SAK Ultra
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

There is no such entity as BT Openreach , it’s just Openreach .
Who is your preferred ISP , you state you tried to order FTTP , who was that with ?
Generally Openreach only ‘speak’ to CP’s ( communication providers ) , you as a consumer speak to a CP , if you and a neighbour have in effect the wrong ONT ( your ONT serial number recorded at their address and their ONT information recorded at your address ) then the issues you are having must also have been present when you neighbour ordered service ( that’s assuming they have a working service ) , so who do they use , how did they resolve the issue .
TBH , this is a BT customer ( or potential BT customer ) forum , if BT are not who you intend to use , then whatever CP/ISP you do want to use , should be doing the ‘leg work’ with Openreach, not you .

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

from your other post as you are a SKY customer you need to raise your ONT problem with SKY there is nothing BT Retail can do to help   there is no more connection to openreach from here than there is from SKY

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.