cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 15

ONT move request

NeilO,

Could you please send me the detail so I can see about getting my ONT moved. 

Regards

Simon

0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15

Re: ONT move request

Hi @SimonG2, welcome to the forum and thanks for your post about moving your ONT. 
Is your ONT situated in an unusable location?
Is the location causing a problem with your connection? If so do you have any data extensions that could be used to solve the problem?
Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 15

JohnC2,

The ONT is in my lounge, but I've had a loft conversion and the router etc is in my loft.
I've also got a disabled daughter and she likes to mess with things, so could do with it moving out of the way.

Regards

Simon
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 15

Hi @SimonG2, thanks for replying back to me. I'm not sure if they will relocate the ONT to the loft but we can put in the request for you. 
The work would be chargeable. I've sent you a Private Message so you can get in touch with the Mod team for further help with this.

Cheers

John

Message 5 of 15

Hi JohnC2, 

would you please send me details of how to request a ONT relocation?  Currently it terminates in downstairs back room , but moving office to upstairs front room and want to move hub out of current location.

thanks,
Mark

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 15

So why do you want to move the ONT? Simply run an Ethernet cable from the ONT to the new Hub location. If moving from back of house to front it  may not be feasible to relocate the ONT in any case.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 15

The wholesale price OR charge for an internal ONT shift is £98.93 plus VAT ( so around £120 ) but that the price the ISP is charged by Openreach , after the ISP administrative charges etc , you may charged considerably more ,

I don’t  know what kind of figure you are expecting but that’s a baseline ,  obviously it’s not necessary to relocate the ONT just because the router is required somewhere else , an Ethernet cable could be run from the existing ONT location to the new router location as an alternative, this doesn’t need Openreach and could be done by yourself or a tradesperson employed by you , obviously relocating the ONT requires Openreach as the optical internal cable will need re-splicing / replacing as well as the ONT physically relocating.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 15

Thanks , the fibre cable is actually originates from a box at the front of the house and is routed round the outside to the back room . Is it possible to take a second feed from the source box (sorry don’t know the technical term) to the front room? 

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 15

Thanks, I was guessing it would be three figures. It would be difficult to run an Ethernet cable through the house without it being visible. Distance may also be an issue being approx 30m . How much speed degradation would this lead to? (Currently have 500Mbps option)
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 15

30m ethernet shouldn't lead to any degradation.

Just make sure it's Cat 5e at least preferably Cat 6 

0 Ratings