cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

ONT power cable

is it possible to buy a 3mt ONT power supply cable, the one fitted by BT is only 1.5 Mt and stretches across the wall looks unsightly

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: ONT power cable

You can buy DC extension cables but you'll ned to ascertain the exact specs of the DC jack. Given different brands & styles of ONT have been fitted, you'll have check what yours is & then see if you can find the necessary info from Google.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Just buy an extension cable and hide the white part then this way you know you are still using the legit power supply.

You can get DC extension cables for all sizes quite easily from various outlet. Itll need to be female at one end and male at the other.

If you do buy your own power supply for it, just make sure its rated right, the Nokia one I have is 12v 0.5a 6w and with the right DC jack size which I think is 2.5mm x 5.5mm, but you have to bear in mind that if you get it wrong and kill it, the ONT is owned by Openreach.

I use my own cable and PSU....its been totally fine.

EDIT: Sorry, wasnt copying @rbz5416 post there, wasnt there when I began to reply.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT900 | Nokia ONT | Ubiquiti ER-X | EETV Box Pro (IP Mode) | Unifi CK2 | 6x Unifi U6+ | 2x Unifi SAK Ultra
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Many thanks, I'll check the specs

0 Ratings