cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 20

Re: On going issue 2 years and counting...

Go to solution

which master

Keith_Beddoe_0-1577035081757.jpegMaster socket types.jpeg

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 12 of 20

Go to solution

@Garethreed1 wrote:
I have a master socket 5c but only one slot to connect a micro filter into there no master socket inside separate from the normal socket

Unclip the front section, the test socket is behind.

Do you have any extension wiring, and is it connected to the NTE?

Removing the front section, and using the test socket, should disconnect any extensions.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 20

Go to solution

@imjolly wrote:

@Keith_Beddoe 

I have one of the new Openreach sockets for few years and vibration nearby will have no affect on the connection you would physically need to knock the connection to dislodge it from it's seating

You can still get high resistance connections from the front and back if oxidisation occurs. Usually a spray of contact cleaner sorts it out.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 20

Go to solution
Sorry for late reply didn't want to temp fate🙂. I took front off the master socket 5c.. Connected a microfilter into the socket plugged my router into microfilter... Touch wood 36hrs and counting and no problems so far... I'm holding my breath tho lol. When I took the front off the circuit board behind it was very loose. Its attached to the front plate... Maybe that was the problem? ... Ill keep u informed thanks for the help
0 Ratings
Message 15 of 20

Go to solution

That is most likely the cause, something quite simple really, it often is. Its fine to leave it like that, as it eliminates one point of failure.

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 20

Go to solution
So far so good... Thanks for the help
0 Ratings
Message 17 of 20

Go to solution

@Garethreed1 wrote:
So far so good... Thanks for the help

Its a pity its taken so long to fix. If you had posted on this forum to start with, you would have been offered help earlier 😉

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 20

Go to solution
In fairness I did months ago but think I put it in wrong place. Cheers for ur help guys as of now (3days) all is good touch wood
0 Ratings
Message 19 of 20

Go to solution

@Garethreed1 wrote:
In fairness I did months ago but think I put it in wrong place. Cheers for ur help guys as of now (3days) all is good touch wood

Your posts are all on this page https://community.bt.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/297308

Sometimes other users do not see your posts, especially during a busy time. Replies normally rely on more than one forum member contributing.

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 20

Go to solution
Ah thanks. And also thank you to anyone who helped me. 2 years of phone calls and online chat and you rockstars get it sorted sharpish... Cheers
0 Ratings