cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

OpenReach Full Fibre box has appeared

Go to solution

Hi All, 

Whilst out for a lunchtime walk I spotted that this has appeared at the end of my road (about 300m from my house) . The manhole cover says Full Fibre but it doesn't look like a regular green cabinet. What is it and if it's what I think it is any ideas how long it might be before I can access some high speed internet? I've recently moved into the area and gone from a 300meg connection to a 30 meg connection which has taken some getting used to. 

Capture.JPG

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: OpenReach Full Fibre box has appeared

Go to solution

No idea what it is, but it isn't Openreach FTTP.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

Thanks for the reply. It is right next to the green cabinets and says Full Fibre on it, so it's probably some sort of telecommunication infrastructure. I haven't seen anything like it before so thought I'd ask. 

At my last property, they installed an additional green cabinet  and within a few weeks we were offered the upgrade from 80meg to 300meg. I was hoping this might be a similar situation 🙂

ETA, you're right it's not openreach it's one of these:

https://redditchstandard.co.uk/news/check-out-the-bright-yellow-grave-which-is-causing-a-stir-in-his...

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

What's the name written on the pavement  chamber covers ? This is likely an AltNet's full fibre infra and not Openreach's

Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

It just says Cubis  and full Fibre, but I've already looked up Cubis and they're just the company that makes the chambers to put the cabling in.Capture2.JPG

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

Yes that is an Altnet that calls themselves FullFibre Ltd.

Nothing  to do with Openreach or BT

Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

It's the thing they put there before they install the cabinet (but yes, not OpenReach but another provider).

Still, looks positive for high speed coming!

Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

It looks like they are going to use a cabinet for the FTTP connections and the tombstone is there until the cabinet is installed to prevent or reduce ingress of water and debis into the supply ducts.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

Mystery solved. The infrastructure is for Lightspeed Internet. They've put some brackets on the telegraph pole outside my house to run FTTP. Not sure when it will be active but hopefully soon. 1Gbps up and down will be a nice upgrade from the current 30mbps down and 3mbps up. 

0 Ratings