cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Openreach Refusing to Resolve Fibre Availability – Likely Database Issue

I’m hoping someone can offer some advice or assistance. I’ve written to Openreach multiple times regarding an issue with Ultrafast Full Fibre Broadband availability at my property. My neighbour (house number 30), who is connected to the same overhead broadband pole as I am, can already order fibre to the door, but for some reason, I’m being told that I cannot.

The fibre infrastructure has been installed on our street (the road was dug up, and the fibre cables are clearly visible on the pole). An Openreach engineer has even confirmed that the work is completed, but their system still shows my property as ineligible. This seems to be a database issue, but despite raising this with Openreach multiple times, they haven’t taken any action to correct it.

It’s been incredibly frustrating to be ignored, and I’m not sure how to escalate this further. Has anyone experienced anything similar or have any advice on how to get Openreach or BT to address this issue?

Thanks for your help.

Tags (3)
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Openreach Refusing to Resolve Fibre Availability – Likely Database Issue

do you currently have BT broadband and phone?  id so what package do you currently have?

enter phone number and post results including notes

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

See below mine and my neighbour's results we are both linked to the same exchange

mine.pngneighbour results.png

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Yes I have BT broadband Gfast and phone
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

BT have no different access into Openreach than any other communication provider and there isn’t really an avenue for an ISP to query an address shown as having no FTTP availablity,  but the information that assessment is based on , is likely to be incorrect.

https://www.openreach.com/forms/fibre-broadband-availability---customer-form

It probable that you have already been down this route , but fill in this formwize, referencing that your immediate neighbours can order FTTP , and although you are served from the same distribution point , you cannot order FTTP  , failing that , contacting the executive level complaints people may get the matter looked at  , that’s assuming that your assessment is correct and you do have FTTP available and it’s a records issue .

If there is anything out of the ordinary about your address , like it’s known by a house name rather than a number , or has a suffix like No.1A , these anomalies can cause issues, normally that would be worth raising an ORDI ( Openreach data integrity) with BT ( if BT are your provider ) to check OR records align with the Royal Mail entry for your address , something the Mods on here used to do ( it seems that’s no longer the case ) , the other thing to try is use your UPRN instead of the postal address with the DSL checker, to see if the return changes or stays the same .

0 Ratings