cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Openreach Silver Address

Go to solution

Hi, 

I was looking to switch to BT but can't find my address as available for ultra fast full fibre despite my neighbours having it as available. I contacted Openreach and they told me my address was a silver address and BT or whoever my provider is can update the records and I should be able to place an order. 

Anyone have experience with this issue and how I can get it resolved?

Thanks.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Openreach Silver Address

Go to solution

check that your address is correct on the royal mail database.  if it is then you need to go to your current ISP and get them to raise an ORDI with openreach to correct your address on their database.  once done you should be able to move to whichever ISP you decide.

There is nothing BT Retail can do as you are not a customer

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

Thanks for your response, address is correct with royal mail. I want to switch from Virgin Media who don't use Openreach so don't expect them to be able to help. Odd that Openreach can't just update this themselves after I contacted them...

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

Just place an order with BT Retail, and they will update Openreach.

Silver means there is an existing route, but no active connection.

Remember to cancel your Virgin service once you have an activation date.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

Thanks @Keith_Beddoe I tried a couple days ago but BT agent I spoke to didn't seem to understand and said it was not available. Maybe just an inexperienced agent I'll try again and insist 🙂 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

@shakjav 

You should be able to do it online, its easier that way.

https://www.bt.com/products/broadband/deals

Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @shakjav and welcome to our community.

@Keith_Beddoe is correct. Your best bet would be to place your order online using the link provided. Let us know how you get on.

Cheers

David

Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

Thanks @DavidM@Keith_Beddoe and @imjolly. After speaking to BT they were able to tell me that my address was not listed and that I need to contact Openreach to get added to the database for fibre broadband. Since my next door neighbour can get all speed options, shouldn't be a problem for me to get the same but Openreach will first need to add my address. I've contacted Openreach to get added and waiting for them to come back to me. 

0 Ratings