cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Openreach address not match with post office

I would like to join BT Broadband, but I can't find my address on the BT website. I have checked my property, and the Openreach fibre device is already in place. I have also checked with the Openreach and Post Office postcode checker. I found that my property address doesn't match the one related to the Openreach record, and it seems like there are more characters involved. Could you please advise me on what I should do next? Thank you very much.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Openreach address not match with post office

If the openreach fibre device is an ONT like this then get serial number and phone FTTP TEAM 08005874787 and they should be able to help

ont-pon.jpg

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 8

Thank you very much!  @imjolly

My device like this. 

IMG_8878 (1).jpg

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Although the serial number of the ONT may help in locating the address in the records systems , you won’t be remotely brought into service as the LOS ( loss of signal ) light indicates that there is a physical problem on the fibre itself, so will need an Openreach visit.

Is the property a relatively new build ? , the plastic case around the ONT suggests it is , if it were a DSI ( developer self install )  the developer fits the ONT , that may explain why the LOS light is lit ( if the developer never told Openreach that the plot was called off ready for occupation ) , if it were fitted by Openreach , then presumably sometime between OR completing the install ( leaving the PON light lit and no LOS light ) and now , there has been some interference or damage to the fibre causing the LOS 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Thanks iniltous,

Yes, this is new build, I think it is set up by openreach, as the case have their logoimage.png

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

With new builds there are two ways the ONT can be fitted inside each property , by the developer themselves, basically Openreach deliver all the ONTs the developer will require for the site , and the developer uses their own staff ,  usually someone like an electrician ,  to install the ONT within the property, it’s a simple job and OR pay the developer to do this ,  it  could explain why the ONT although fitted and powered up etc.,  isn’t actually working ( signified by the LOS light being lit ) , even when it’s a developer self install ( DSI ) Openreach still visit to connect ( splice ) the fibre to the network.

Its possible the developer never told Openreach that this plot is complete, hence the apparently unfinished job  ( I’m speculating it’s not spliced )  or it was completed, either by Openreach or a combination of DSI and Openreach, but has subsequently gone faulty ….the point is it isn’t going to work by being switched on remotely, there is an optical problem that need addressing, after the actual address issue ( pun intended ) is resolved.

If the developer is still around, you should ask was this plot ever called off correctly with Openreach and is the Openreach FBC ( field based coordinator ) still liaising with the site manager .

Problems can arise if the development is dragged out over an extended period, problems like developers going bust and the site changing hands can cause issues, and developers squeezing in extra plots that were not in the original plans submitted to Openreach can cause issues , anything like that happened in your case ?

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Thanks iniltous

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

@iniltous  Also don't forget the issuses with developer plot13 and address number 13, where the developer removes address number 13 and doesn't tell Openreach. This usually occurs in MDUs/Retirement homes.

This becomes a headache once people move into the properties above plot13.

0 Ratings