cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Openreach 'can't deliver full fibre' yet a CBT is right outside my house!

Frustrating!

This morning I received an email from Openreach saying that they are unable to deliver full fibre to my street.

That's odd, as there is a fully connect CBT on the pole right outside my house - two in fact -  and all other providers are offering Full Fibre packages. BT won't as they source their data from Openreach who are insistent that the infrastructure isn't there. 

I note that the infrastructure was put in place by 'FibreHeroes' - does that mean BT can't use that infrastructure?

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Openreach 'can't deliver full fibre' yet a CBT is right outside my house!

Looking on "FibreHeroes" website they appear to not have BT as an ISP. Therefore openreach is not the network builder.

You will need to speak/contact FibreHeroes for service.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Openreach 'can't deliver full fibre' yet a CBT is right outside my house!

Strangely you say that ‘all other providers’ are offering packages , yet the ISP’s that are showing as available on the Fibre Hero’s are hardly household names , so which mainstream providers are available to supply your address ?
The fact that there are two CBT ‘s could mean Fibre Hero’s have provided both , or that there are two networks on the pole , only one of which is FH.
Post the entire return for your phone number ( if you have a regular BT phone number , not Digital Voice ) or use the address option from this checker BTw site
https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

0 Ratings