cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Openreach customer service point installed outside new build property

Hi, I am preparing to move into a new build house and struggling to find internet options available ( haven’t moved in yet) but I went there today and noticed this on the house. What is this? Is this a good thing and does this mean I should be able to get fibre? Thanks pic attached 

IMG_0514.jpeg

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Openreach customer service point installed outside new build property

That is CSP for your fibre connection. You should see something like this inside which is ONT- fibre modem

ont-pon.jpg

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Thanks for reply will check for that indoors if It has it would you say I would be able to get good fibre internet?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

The box outside and the ONT @imjolly posted in previous post means it's full fibre.

See more about full fibre:

https://www.openreach.com/fibre-broadband/ultrafast-full-fibre-broadband

https://www.bt.com/broadband/full-fibre-learn

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

@Jaytojaywrote:

Thanks for reply will check for that indoors

Note that a new build may hide the ONT away in a cupboard, possibly with a small patch panel to feed ethernet from the router to different rooms.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

As you are posting on a BT consumer forum , when you find the FTTP ONT inside the property, and as said , could be  inside a cupboard or somewhere not necessarily obvious ( under stairs storage area , or bedroom cupboard etc ) or simply mounted in an electrical pattress box in an immediately visible location , if the PON light is lit and steady  ( not flashing ) then the Openreach ‘work’ is complete and provided the address information has filtered down to the ISP ordering portal, you should be able to raise your order with BT , speeds upto 900Mb are available with FTTP , soon to be 1.8Gb.

0 Ratings