cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2

Openreach external work not committed

Hello,

I was just wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience with BT and Openreach recently. 

I placed an order over a month ago and despite multiple texts days before the appointment, Openreach never showed up to install my FTTP broadband. I chased this up and they said that the external work has not been completed yet. We are in a semi-detached house and my neighbours got FTTP a few months ago and when OR did the work on their property they also laid a cable for our house when we eventually decide to upgrade (the cable wasn’t there before and I can clearly see it’s for my house since it’s not connected and has a sticker with my house number on it sitting below my window). 

I tried explaining this to BT multiple times and they insisted that external work is still to be done to bring the fibre to outside the house. One day OR turned up and I was at home and they literally saw that the cable is there and said that the external work should be completed and I will be able to book an engineer to do the work inside the property. 

That was 5 days ago and the app has still not updated to say that external work is complete. I chased this up with BT twice who advised that it will be 48 hours until their systems are updated. After this time passed I called them again and they said that OR will need another 24 hours to update their systems. 

Again, after 24 hours I ring back to be advised that external work still needs to be completed (was not advised what exactly this entailed) and that the next review date is 23 January 2023 and I should wait until then before I call them back. 

I feel that I have been given conflicting information and I am not able to fully understand what the hold up is (all I keep being told is work needs to be completed) when I can clearly see the fibre cable outside my house even before I placed the order!

Has anyone had similar experience or suggestions about how I can move this forward?

Thank you

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: Openreach external work not committed

are you dealing with the FTTP TEAM or just CS?  try phoning 08005874787 and see if they can help or at least clarify the problem with installation

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings