cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 17

Orange light, line is in synch and live, both BT and third party modems do not work!

Go to solution
Hi all, I have been disconnected from my broadband fro a week, the Smart Hub 2 has been showing solid orange light since and after a call with support an engineer came by, tested the line outside in the cabinet, tested the line at my socket, switched it to be the master socket as it was daisy chained, put in a new socket and even tested the line with his own equipment and all looked in synch and working except the hub. I called support again and requested a new hub and in the meantime the engineer suggested if I have a spare modem to try and use, which I have an asus dsl modem router which after testing that as well it still does not work. Ive been looking in here for post with similar issue and nothing I tried worked. The funny thing is that in my router settings I can see that dsl is connected and has 50 down and 10 up, which is what I pay for but no connection to the internet. Any ideas or anyone that can help?
0 Ratings
16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17

Re: Orange light, line is in synch and live, both BT and third party modems do not work!

Go to solution

What is the model number of your router?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings icon. If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted solution’
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 17

Re: Orange light, line is in synch and live, both BT and third party modems do not work!

Go to solution

Did you enter the correct PPPoE settings?

Username bthomehub@btbroadband.com  Password BT

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 17

Go to solution

@licquoricewrote:

Did you enter the correct PPPoE settings?

Username bthomehub@btbroadband.com  Password BT

Also VLAN 101.

Message 5 of 17

Go to solution

If you mean for the asus router is the DSL-N16

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 17

Go to solution

Yes went through both automatic and manual set up it didn’t work.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 17

Go to solution

But did you enter the settings given in messages 3&4?

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 17

Go to solution

@NickX 

When you say no connection to the internet are you meaning that connected devices cannot see the internet?

One thing to consider is that the SmartHubs use 192.168.1.254 as their IP address and therefore the gateway for other devices to connect to the internet whereas the Asus will use 192.168.1.1 so other devices need their network settings reset to allow for that.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 17

Go to solution

Is there a status page on the Asus that you can share with us? 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings icon. If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted solution’
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 17

Go to solution

No I mean there is no internet whatsoever, the hub doesn’t connect to the internet at all but when i check through the asus one i can see that there is a connection to the dsl exchange point but no internet access.

0 Ratings