cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 31 of 33

Re: Ordered Full Fibre to premises, but no Smarthub2 offered

Go to solution

@Jane2018 

Yes, exactly that, a kind of pre-installation heads-up.

It's never going to happen IMO, the Openreach guys are probably as busy as they want to be just doing installations.

As it draws closer to the 2025 cut-off thing, they'll probably be overwhelmed with work.

As it is, I'm going to try and "guess" where the installer will cross the garden and clear as much as I can before their visit.

Sounds like your sibling got a great engineer!

0 Ratings
Message 32 of 33

Re: Ordered Full Fibre to premises, but no Smarthub2 offered

Go to solution

*** UPDATE ***

With the Openreach appointment a week away, it was still showing as "Provisional"

I phoned BT at the Broadband number, as I needed to plan to be here for the installation.

The agent listened and then put me on hold for 5 minutes.

When she came back she told me the installation had been CANCELLED

Reason-- whoever took my order had used  an order number ( a BBU number) from my previous FTTC  order two years ago, and so it couldn't be proceeded with. (Remember, the order was showing in Track My Order)

(I don't know what a BBU is, perhaps BT folk will know, but it wasn't a battery back-up unit)

I've been a BT customer for 24 years, my landline number hasn't changed, my address hasn't changed, and my mobile number is the same one I've had since my first mobile - a Nokia 3310

Did BT contact me by any of these methods to tell me my order had been cancelled?

Well, of course they didn't. Had I not phoned today, I would have been sitting here twiddling my thumbs next week, waiting for the OR guy...who would never appear. 

I'm so disgusted.

I couldn't even re-order with her because apparently it takes 24 hours for their shambles to clear in the system.

She told me to phone back tomorrow... I don't know if I'll bother.

Message 33 of 33

The end of the story

Go to solution

FINAL  UPDATE

Just to wrap up the thread, here's what happened-

I didn't ring back to re-order Full Fibre BB, but it said in Track my Order-- "Sorry we had to cancel your order. We'll be in touch"  Yeah, sure.

True to their word, BT texted the very next day to say they would be phoning me from Dundee.

Spoke to a really helpful operator who apologised and said the mess-up was all caused by an internal error on their systems. I put in another Full Fibre order for a engineer visit in early January.

Openreach visit was confirmed in Track my Order that same day, and I was contacted by BT to make sure everything was going to plan. I was sent many reminders of installation in the weeks leading up to installation day.

A     EE- Smart Hub 2 was delivered. (SH20A -2023)

The guys arrived on time, and they worked really hard, non-stop, until the job was finished.

The fibre comes in through the copper line ducting, there isn't any trunking or boxes outside the house. The CSP is in the hall, it's about the size of a bicycle puncture repair box. I lost my phone line in that process, but I was able to plug my DECT landline into the hub

-- It didn't work, totally dead.

Phoned BT and they said I hadn't been transferred to Digital Voice, even though I was now Full Fibre 😞

He rushed a DV order through for me and also posted me a DV adapter so I could have my house phone back where it was before, not upstairs beside the hub. All that happened within three days.

That's it, everything is working.

Thank you to all who helped and commented.

Happy to answer any questions.