cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 24

Re: Over 15 engineers to my address - Broadband still dropping out

Some good news and bad news.

Looks like this is definitely improving my connection, I'm only getting brief stopping of Internet (sites won't load, video will pause on calls) in most cases.

However, I'm still disconnecting occasionally, I've had two today already. Same symptoms as before.

*Modem is showing a solid green DSL light normally, blinking when connection gets spotty, goes off when my network drops. So it looks like it's the line.

On the phone to bt now to book yet another engineer...

0 Ratings
Message 22 of 24

I had a similar problem about a year ago when I updated to Halo +3

I was on copper at that time

The problem was a fault on the Smart Hub 2 and I was sent a replacement

I was fortunate to speak to a BT advisor who had a technical back ground and was able to diagnose the fault by running some online checks

The replacement hub solved the problem

0 Ratings
Message 23 of 24

^ I'm on different hardware now, tried three different types of hub/modem/combos and the issue persisted.

The issue is on the line, and it's a persistant fault which only seems to appear amazingly when there's not an Openreach engineer here. There's no degrading service, no slowness now, it just stops working suddenly, 100% packet loss for about 10-20 seconds, then re-connects. Rinse and repeat a few times, then it's back to normal again.

I've escalated now, opened a general complaint with BT who I'm giving the required 8 weeks to resolve, and started the process with the Ombudsman. If Openreach + BT don't want to escalate and put effort into fixing the issue, continue to pass the problem off to the next engineer, hopefully the Ombudsman will wake them up.

0 Ratings
Message 24 of 24

Good morning @captainadamj99

Welcome to the BT Community and thanks for your posts!

I am sorry for the connection problems you're having with your broadband.  I can understand how annoying this is to lose connection each day and I'm disappointed that so many engineer visits haven't been able to repair the fault.

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how you can send us over your details and we'll look into this for you. See: Private messages

Thanks,

Robbie

0 Ratings