cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

PPPoE support for BT HALO 2 Smart hub

Hi 

I have a BT HALO 2 Smart hub which I would like to turn into a modem to then install my own router/firewall. 

2 questions:

1. Can my hub be turned into bridge mode only? If yes, how? Some more context: the idea is to wire the BT Hub to my own router, from where I'll manage my own home network. The BT Hub would effectively become a modem operating and needs to be configured in bridge mode. Can this be done? If yes, how?

2. Can my connection support PPPoE (Point to Point Protocol Over Ethernet)? If yes, how?

Many thanks for your help. 

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: PPPoE support for BT HALO 2 Smart hub

@vbianconi88 wrote:

Hi 

I have a BT HALO 2 Smart hub which I would like to turn into a modem to then install my own router/firewall. 

No such thing as a Halo 2 mart hub, Halo is just an add on package. You have a Smart Hub2 

2 questions:

1. Can my hub be turned into bridge mode only? If yes, how?

No

2. Can my connection support PPPoE (Point to Point Protocol Over Ethernet)? If yes, how?

Yes, that is the standard connection for BT and uses the generic details of username bthomehub@btbroadband.com  and password BT

Many thanks for your help. 

Message 3 of 4

@licquorice 

Thanks that was very helpful.

It looks like I have a problem as my router firewall has the wan interface down 

I tried to connect with my laptop directly to the wan cable and I can't connect either.

Bt service is up.

Do you know if any credentials have changed since last night please

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

No, credentials are the same as they have always been.

0 Ratings