cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Persistent issues with broadband

Hi all,

Hoping someone can help with an on going issue I've been having for a long period of time and what I can do next. Here's some explanation to the issue.

Basically since the start of January this year, I've had issues with my broadband where my download and upload speed drop below my guaranteed speed of 68mb download, 18mb upload.

It's really odd, as it will cap itself to around 36mb download, and same with the upload being around 9mb then after a few days it will bump back to what it should be, then a few days on it will cap itself back down to half. It's like a continuous loop of this happening.

I've been back and fourth with BT, which some are helpful and some useless. I've had around 7/8 engineers out since January up to now, external and internal to try resolve this issue.  Once they have been, they say "your issue should be fixed now, give it up to 48hrs for it to get fully working" which it doesn't, it works good for a day or two and then drops again. All the engineers that have been out to my property have done various things to try solve this, but it never really gets resolved. I have also been promised call backs from BT after the engineer has been to my property which never happen. I've also asked to speak to a manager which they are never available at the time, then BT promise a manager will give me a call back within 72hrs which they never do. BT can see from line checks, and broadband checks I'm still having issues but they won't do anything about it.

With all that being said, I'm curious to know if I'm within my right to terminate without fees. With my issues still ongoing and the lack of support from BT and Openreach, my only real choice is to switch providers as I'm not getting what I pay for. I've had enough with going back and fourth with BT and Openreach just be fobbed off all the time, anyone that can give me some advise would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Chris.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Persistent issues with broadband

Switching providers won't help, it will still be the same Openreach infrastructure. It will take a diligent Openreach engineer to discover the root cause of the problem.

Unfortunately, they seem to be as rare as hen's teeth.

I will flag your problem to the mods to see if they can help.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

I was originally thinking this, however my next choice would be to switch to Virgin as it's now become available in my area.
In terms of Openreach, I had a good engineer who was willing to get to the bottom of my issue, but he has now seem to have given up.
Thank you, really appreciate that.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Hi @claff welcome to the community and thanks for posting, I'm really sorry you're experiencing issues with your broadband. After so many engineer visits I would have expected it to have been escalated within Openreach to get you a resolution. 

I'll send you a private message in a moment so you can get in touch with the moderation team and we'll be happy to help.

Neil