cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Policy

Does anyone know BT’s policy regarding lack of service?

We have had no broadband or home phone for 5 days so far and have been told we have to wait another 6 days for it to be fixed. We have also had 2 engineer visits cancelled without notification. This includes Christmas Day and will include New Years

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Policy

If you have a total loss of service, you're entitled to automatic compensation - More info at Automatic Compensation 

Which states:

• If you experience total loss of service and it’s not fixed within two working days, you’ll receive £9.33 automatic compensation
  •  You’ll receive another £9.33 for every day you have to wait after that, not including the day your service is activated
  • You are eligible for compensation if your service isn’t activated by midnight on the second working day after you reported your fault.
Message 3 of 7

“Working days” is a cope out. Offering a service and not providing support isn’t good enough

I hope I get the £9.33 for non “working days” I have to wait. At this rate I will be entitled to 6 x £9.33

I have also had 2 cancelled appointments with no notice, according to that page they are £29.15 each.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

@arthur231283 

Only BT Business customers have the option to pay for an enhanced SLA (Service Level Agreement).

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

I’m not worried about getting enhanced support. I would be happy with “normal” support 

11 days with no service is not good enough. Having 2 cancelled appointments with no notice is not good enough.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Hi @arthur231283,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the Community.

I can understand your frustration and I'm sorry you've been left without service over Christmas. With all the recent bad weather around the UK and with the Christmas Holidays, this unfortunately means that some repairs are taking longer the normal. In terms of compensation, you would be entitled to Automatic Compensation as outlined in the link posted by @-Richie-.

Have you managed to get another engineer appointment booked and if so when is it due to take place?

Thanks,

Paddy

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

My main frustration is that I had an engineer appointment booked for the 29th, I waited in for this but BT had cancelled the appointment and didn’t tell me. I have spoken to a few BT advisors and no one can tell my why it was cancelled or why I wasn’t notified.

I apparently have a new appointment booked for 2nd 8am - 11am. Although I have no confirmation of this as either a text/email and I have no faults listed in my BT account. I am being asked to trust that has been arranged but my trust in BT is gone after cancelling the original appointment 

0 Ratings