cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Pre install Engineer needed for replacing copper line for fibre line above a Conservatory?

I am wanting to get fibre to the property installed , but since i have the copper line it will need to be replaced, the problem is a conservatory is now built directly below it with no way of gettin a ladder up to the hook that the line is attached to,the conservatory sticks out of the property about 2 metre then slopes down for another 2 metre with no space either side, it is a terraced property with a concrete shed each side of the conservatory, would an engineer come out to assess the line placement first ,the telegraph pole is at the back of the house where the conservatory is and there is no telegraph pole around the front of the house.Thanks in advance.

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Pre install Engineer needed for replacing copper line for fibre line above a Conservatory?

I’m guessing a Hoist can’t get to it?

If not to be honest it sounds like you’re kinda Ducked.

I remember years ago I had a similar situation. A guy who lived in a Bungalow had a Drop Wire at the highest point on the eves. He built a Conservatory directly underneath it. The Drop Wire was faulty but of course we couldn’t change it out and couldn’t move the new one either side of the Conservatory as we wouldn’t have got the necessary height across the road.

After going round in circles for months we had to put up a Carrier Pole outside his house, at a cost to him so we could span from Pole to Pole then to the corner of his bungalow.

If there truly is no where for an Engineer to fix their ladder to the wall on your house and a Hoist or Scaffolding can’t get to it the only option might be to pay for the Line to be moved UG from the Pole to your house.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Pre install Engineer needed for replacing copper line for fibre line above a Conservatory?

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL/AddressHome

put your address in here , if Openreach FTTP is available the address should have a survey note , 

Our records show the following FTTP network service information for these premises:-Single Dwelling Unit Residential OH Feed alternate L2C solution required.

This is for an address where Openreach are aware of the overhead installation issues , yours may be the same , this means that the installation ( service delivery ) division will need to come up with a solution, but as stated there may not be one , or one that you  agree to ….there are  potential solutions, for example if a neighbour has a fixing and agrees to some cable on their wall ( and signs to accepts  ) it may be possible to run a cable from their property to yours ( as you say its terraced properties ) , if a way to service your address can’t be found ( or agreed to ) the order can be cancelled.

0 Ratings