cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Openreach information seems incorrect

I am trying to order FTTP with BT but I'm running into an issue.

My address is stating no fibre on the Openreach checker. It was previously part of another address which does have access. My neighbours also have FTTP, and I can see the infrastructure on the poles outside.

It appears as though this is a mistake with the database, but I'm not sure? I've called a few suppliers and they don't seem to be able to help me.

Appreciate any help or advice.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Openreach information seems incorrect

Was your address recently ( and using the official processes ) separated from the original property it was a part of , so has its own front door , Utilities, council tax , registered with the Post Office as a separate address etc ?
If done properly but recently, it’s possible that the time of the Openreach survey ( which may have been some while ago ) the address hadn’t been converted into separate addresses, and was still a single ‘unit’ , in that case only the single unit was catered for, because that’s all that existed at the time , if these addresses have been separate for many years and officially done , then presumably it’s an oversight.

The solution ( provided the address is properly separated with its own council tax etc ) is to ask OR to check ,

https://www.openreach.com/forms/fibre-broadband-availability---customer-form

Fill in this formwize , along the lines of my neighbours can order FTTP but I can’t, OR will then check ,  if your address was unofficially separated, then this won’t work , but you could simply order a second service for the proper address,  as your unofficial address will never  be a valid one , if it’s all proper and correct and just an oversight or a recent development, then the formwize should correct the Openreach data , provided the area isn’t already at capacity .

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Openreach information seems incorrect

Yes I believe so. We are the first tenants.

It is a separate building which was part of the original address grounds. We have our own front door. The new separated address appears on the post office address checker. We are currently in the process of setting up our utilities and council tax, but have received our welcome letter from the utility provider (with the new address).

Thanks for the advice. That all makes sense.

I've submitted the form. Will update here if I make any more progress.

0 Ratings