cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 14

Property incorrectly listed as 'Silver Key' address

I'm in a bit of a bind with setting up FTTP at my property - wondered if anyone has had a similar experience? 

We moved into a new build property a few weeks ago - although our house was previously used by the developer as a show home. 

There is FTTP all up our street, including our house - with a working ONT wired in. Currently there is working broadband in the house, albeit the property developer's old account which is still active. It's throttled to 76Mbps, though showing 1000Mbps up/down in the router diagnostics.

I have tried to order 900Mb package three times, each time the order is automatically cancelled by Openreach, because the house is listed as 'Silver Key' - all the other houses on the street are listed as Gold, presumably some glitch from this house being used by the developer and having low-grade FTTP set up before anyone else. 

For some reason Openreach seem incapable of adjusting this address to correctly being listed as Gold so I can takeover the existing 76Mb account and purchase the 900Mb product in my own name. At any point, if this account (that I'm currently using for free) could be cancelled and I'd be left with nothing.

Has anyone successfully managed to navigate this sort of situation!?

TIA

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14

Re: Property incorrectly listed as 'Silver Key' address

Just for the sake of clarity, is it BT you are trying to order your FTTP service with ?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 14

Sorry, yes it is. 

I have a BT guide working on it (for a couple of weeks now). Have raised it as a complaint with BT and Openreach have confirmed to them that they are aware of the issue - yet still no change. 

It's annoying, as it appears to me (with my limited knowledge) that all they have to do is correct an entry on their system given that the infrastructure is in place and there is 1000Mbps successfully hitting the ONT. 

Is there anything I can do to expedite? 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 14

Potentially a couple of issues , if the developer is still paying for services, any requests to takeover the service will generate a ‘sorry to see you leave’ communication to the developer, and although it’s  the case that a non response ( so if they don’t contact their ISP , even if it’s also BT , within 10 days to stop the change  ) the changeover takes place , after the 10 days , but if they incorrectly say the don’t want the service taken over they can ‘cancel’ your order , it’s a safeguard against slamming, but it seems more likely that it’s the address that’s causing your  issue .

Search the forum for the FTTP helpline, and armed with the ONT serial number , give them a call.

If the BT Mod offers to look at this for you , obviously accept the offer .

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 14

FTTP team 08005874787

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 14

FTTP team 0800 587 4787 if put through to normal CS hang up and try again.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 14

Yeah, I'd love to be at the stage where the takeover is the issue... at this point they won't even let me place an order or acknowledge that the house even has the FTTP that I'm already using!

Once we cross that hurdle, I can ask the developer to shut their account down ASAP to lessen the delay. 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 14

Thank you - is that number a BT department or Openreach themselves? 

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 14

@dlawrence80wrote:

I can ask the developer to shut their account down ASAP to lessen the delay.

That will do the exact opposite.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 14

Ah okay.. good to know - I'll leave that alone, then!

I'm also wondering if contacting FTTP Helpline will derail the complaint with BT and the enquiry with Openreach that is already in progress?

Thanks again all for the advice.

0 Ratings