cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Purple flashing on smart hub

Hello, I am having problems with my smart hub continuously flashing purple. 
I have checked the cables and all of these are connected properly and have rebooted the hub. Unfortunately, nothing has changed and as I do not have a landline I cannot check for noise.

Any recommendations on how I could fix this/ what the problem could be? 
Should I factory reset the smart hub?

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Purple flashing on smart hub

Assuming you don't have FTTP, if you have a modern master socket, remove the front panel & plug directly into the test socket at the back. You may need a microfilter.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Thanks, my smart hub manager says fttp mode is turned on so I’m assuming I do have it. I am a tenant and do not pay for my broadband so not sure of all the details.

Is the modern master socket the primary phone socket? I would need to unscrew the panel I think.

Is there anything I can do before this step?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Hey there @CHNLO, welcome to the BT Community Forums.

Is your Hub connected to a white Openreach branded modem that's attached to the wall with several lights on it, or is it just a traditional phone / broadband socket?

Feel free to post a photo if you're unsure.

If it's the latter, FTTP mode shouldn't be enabled, so this could explain the problem.

Peter

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

If you have FTTP the LAN 4/WAN on the SH2 will be plugged into one of these or similar.

rbz5416_0-1729101023608.png

Message 6 of 8

Thanks it’s just a traditional socket, it’s not connected to a modem. I’ve turned off full fibre mode which also restarted the hub but unfortunately this doesn’t seem to have fixed the problem.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Thanks it’s just a traditional socket, it’s not connected to a modem. I’ve turned off full fibre mode which also restarted the hub but unfortunately this doesn’t seem to have fixed the problem.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

0 Ratings