cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Query on additional works

Hi

one for the admins - fibre was due to be installed yesterday but couldn't be completed as ducting in pavement had collapsed and needs civils to come and do first. 

Engineer said normally 2-3 days and then they return the next day, but had email this morning saying it could be weeks. 

If i provide order number/account number can this be looked at please, if it's weeks I can't go ahead and will ask Virgin to not cancel services which are due to stop shortly - work from home sometimes during the week and can't not have internet connection.

thanks Matt

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Query on additional works

@cycleman 

Its unlikely any of the moderators can help, as it will be with Openreach and BT will only get updates when the work is complete.

Based on other reports on this forum, its likely to weeks before the works get completed, so I would suggest you leave your Virgin connection active until the work is complete.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

OK thanks -
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

They need to get a Permit first from the Council, that alone will take a few days.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

I gave them a call. 

2 weeks until they come out to look at whats causing the block and whats needed and then unknown length of time before its fixed - so Virgin cancellation had to be stopped which is costing me now on a 30 day rolling.

Will just go back to Virgin if it's going to be ages.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Well openreach came out on sunday and fixed the issue - a week or so ahead of when I was told they'd come.

I can't reschedule the engineer to visit via mybt / track order which is what the website says to do. Any ideas on right number / email to reschedule the next engineer visit?

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Openreach will automatically send an available engineer to complete the install once the report has gone through their system that the blockage has been cleared.

Message 8 of 9

If there was a blocked duct stopping the cable being installed from the CBT to the house wall , was the rest of work that could be done completed ? , there is no real reason why the CSP , ‘ internal’ fibre cable and ONT couldn’t be fitted , ( and left powered with the LOS light lit ) with a copy of the ONT serial number left inside the CSP , then the install could be completed once the duct were cleared , without requiring access inside the property again 

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

Yeah they fitted cable round house and the OTP but said they needed to come back to finish off / OTP isn't live unfortunately. 

I'll give them a call.

thanks Matt

0 Ratings