cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Re: Connection dropping continually.

Hi, i have had the same problem since I switched to Fibre to the property a couple of years ago. The consistent approach from BT/Openreach is that it is a problem on the property but have never been able to find it. 

In fact on one day we had 3 Openreach vans at the property to no avail. 

Each time engineers leave the property to check the cabinet a couple of miles away and miraculously the problem gets fixed. I still dont know what the issue is and if I report a drop out the frustrating BT problem reporting system just puts me into the same loop.

I just wish there was an alternative supplier!

I am interested in the point around interference from electrical equipment. Does that relate to Fibre to the House. 

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

@Ben12 

Direct fibre to the house would not be affected. It also does not come from a cabinet, so Openreach would have no need to visit it. When you get the drops, look at the lights on the ONT and the home hub. 

You would be best to raise your issue on a separate thread, as its going to be something different.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Thanks Keith, perhaps I used the wrong word talking about a cabinet. That’s just a description I picked up.

Where does the fibre run to? Someone fixes something because I can get weeks of steady service before it gets the yips again. Sometimes I think it is linked to power cuts in our area. We are rural and get quite a few of those but I can really establish a clear link. 

They have installed a new ONT but that hasnt cured it.

As they are just usually short blips the light on the hub stays Blue. 

The ONT is in a different room so It hasnt been practical to monitor those lights. What would I be looking for specifically?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

I moved your post to start your own thread as @Keith_Beddoe suggested avoid replies getting confused with the previous thread originator

how are you connecting hub to ONT if in different rooms

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings