cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 15

Re: New Fibre broadband installation but very low speed

This may be the wrong place to post my own current issue, but anyway-
I have just ran a speed test and am getting 24Megabit download and 21 up the way. That is pathetic, browsers are horendously slow, really crawling along considering I have (supposedly) Full Fibre 500 all the way in. Any advice? . Everything here is cat 6 connected via gig switches, NOT hubs, and currently only  a single PC online. (have had some issues with connection speed on the telly too, like taking a few shots to reach Netflix, for example).

I posted this in a rush because I'm wound up, so couldn't quickly find how to start a thread, sorry.

0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15

New Fibre broadband installation but very low speed

I have moved your post to this new thread, so you can get personal help from the community or moderators, so please watch this thread for updates.

Message 3 of 15

I moved your post to start own thread.

are these speed download speed and with wired or wireless connection?

the speed guarantee is connection speed to your router not download speeds

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 15

@toonmtb 

Can you post an image of the speed test result please.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 15

Just re-done one, thanks for responding.

speedtest.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 15

Are you connecting with ethernet cable or WiFi when running the tests?  If WiFi can you try using ethernet

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 15

Please see my original post for answer. 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 15

@toonmtb 

Who are you using for the speed test and why is it using a Dublin server - are you in N.Ireland?

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 15

Can you connect without using a switch as that has been known to cause problems. So ONT to hub and then pc all ethernet then run btspeedtester or fast.com and see if that improves speed 

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 15

I am in North East England. I used the first test link the Google found. Thanks for responding. 

0 Ratings