cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 23

Re: Sudden Solid Orange Light

Hi we have woke up on Christmas morning and the bt hub has a solid orange light, there has been no issue recently. What a way to wake up on Christmas morning. Trying to get someone to fix this is a nightmare as it is Christmas. Please someone help sort this issue, as I have some upset kids

0 Ratings
22 REPLIES 22
Message 2 of 23

@dbozne200 

I have moved your post to this new thread, so you can get personal help from the community or moderators, so please watch this thread for updates.

Welcome to this user forum for BT Retail phone and broadband customers.

This is just a customer to customer help forum, everyone here, including myself, are just customers.

The only BT Employees are the forum moderators.

If you want help from this community, you would need to specify what broadband package you have, and whether it comes via your phone line, or a direct optical fibre.

Try calling 0330 1234 150

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 23

Thanks for moving this post to a new thread, I have tried calling BT but the option to report a fault then sends a txt msg asking for the phone number associated with my account which I don’t know. Which leaves me with no alternative to report this fault.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 23

I have fibre broadband 100mb. When I log into myBT it doesn’t show my broadband account and only shows that I have previously purchased bt sport. 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 23

if you have a landline and not digital voice can you check for a dial tone?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 23

If you have not already done this try a factory reset of the BT hub by pressing a pin into the recess button on the rear for about 20 seconds. 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 23

Hi not sure how to check for a dial tone, all the yellow lights are on as usual on the fibre box on the wall. I have tried the reset on both the router and fibre box but still the router has an orange light.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 23

It would seem to me to be an account issue.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 23

LEDs on the ONT should all be green bar LOS, not yellow.

rbz5416_0-1671961011302.png

If you've reset the Hub with a paper clip or similar, log onto the Hub at 192.168.1.254 & make sure fibre mode is enabled. If that's all good try another ethernet cable between ONT & Hub if you have one.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 23

@dbozne200 

See https://www.bt.com/help/landline/lights-on-the-openreach-modem

If they are yellow, I would suspect a problem with the power unit.

0 Ratings