cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Recent Fibre 500 upgrade speed as before

Hi All,

I recently had FTTP installed on 21st Dec but my speed remains exactly the same as my old 75mb broadband. The guy on BT live chat said I needed to order a  cat 8 cable, which is bonkers as the wifi is as slow as before to and this wouldnt be affected by a cable. I bought the cable anyway and surprise surprise no change.

I have been scouring the internet for a sloution and BT chat have been no help, I have an engineer booked for tomorrow but its functioning so I don't know what he will do.

I mentioned the profile issue but the person i spoke to had no idea what this meant. I'm 9 days in with no change to service, any advice?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Recent Fibre 500 upgrade speed as before

can you run this with ethernet connection and post results

https://speedtest.btwholesale.com/

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Sure, and thanks for your reply. Strangely the upload seems pretty good.

speed.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

so something has change as speed certainly faster than your old 75mb connection

was the test done with ethernet to device

any difference if you use    fast.com

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Yes ethernet straight to PC, ethernet more than capable (its an up to 2.5gb card) and its connected as gigabit.

No difference on fast.com

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

check MYBT and make sure upgrade is shown as fibre 500.  if so then phone the FTTP TEAM 08005874787 and they should be able to help you.  if redirected to CS then hang up and try again later

0 Ratings