cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Regrade from Fibre 300 to 900 - can I change my mind?

Go to solution

Hi. I got my regrade from BT Fibre 300 (Halo 3+) to BT Fibre 900 (Halo 3+) this morning. Haven't noticed any difference in speed but I only get 350mb via WiFi - a test in the BT app (which presumably does something from the roughter) says I'm getting 950mb down and 113 or suchlike up.

The thing is, it's just not as much as I was hoping via wifi.

Do I have a cooling off period? Can I change my mind and cancel and go back to 300 Halo 3+ or is it too late?

WiFi disk is coming tomorrow but probably not much use to me as I have good coverage throughout home already. With the BT Home Hub being WiFi 5 only, it's not much good for anything over what I was paying for originally. Or should I get some Eero router and turn off the wifi for the BTHH?

What are your thoughts?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Regrade from Fibre 300 to 900 - can I change my mind?

Go to solution

you are never going to get great speed over wifi  this post gives some information

https://community.bt.com/t5/Home-setup-Wi-Fi-network/BT-full-fiber-poor-wifi/m-p/2243105

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution
If you're getting 950mb down and 113mb up to the router/hub then that is excellent and easily matches what you are paying for.
WiFi is never going to give you that sort of performance but, if you're dissatisfied with the WiFi from the router, why not get a standalone mesh system (eg TPLink or Netgear) and turn off the router WiFi? That'll give you the best obtainable WiFi performance, including WiFi 6 if you buy an appropriate system.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution
Indeed. I was hoping for around 450mb on wifi but I guess I'm too near to next door or something.

In that other post you've made, others have tried WiFi 6 but but speeds less than I'm getting from the BTSH2. I can see the Eero routers are quite inexpensive but don't know if they will be any use.

I've wired in anything that usefully can be, but the main devices (TV, Sky Q box) but I just feel like I'm wasting the pennies for the 900mb as I'll never get to use it.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Do you need higher speed or just want it? What specifically can't you do with the current WiFi? If the answer is nothing, then you should be able to cancel if still within 14 days.

https://www.bt.com/help/account-and-billing/can-i-cancel-the-bt-package-that-i-ve-ordered-

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution
Only the odd download. Mind you, Starfield's expansion was out last night which was an 18gb upgrade and it only took 15 minutes at 150-180mb/sec download that my Xbox Series X was getting via wifi upstairs.

I'll see about cancelling the order within 14 days and going back to Fibre 300 Halo 3+ and when the wifi disc turns up tomorrow I'll send it back if I can't refuse it when Royal Mail arrive.
0 Ratings