cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Replacement of Existing Wiring

I  am moving from virgin and getting a smart hub 2 and TV. I have an old telephone line entering the house. I do not want that be used to bring in my internet.

Will the engineer bring it in elsewhere just because I want it changed. Also will the engineer set up complete wifi for me and get the TV up and running?

Thanks

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Replacement of Existing Wiring

Any particular reason you don't want the existing cable used?

Message 3 of 7

Are you getting FTTC - fibre to cabinet and copper to your home or FTTP fibre direct toy your home.  If the latter then openreach will follow the existing cable with the new fibre cable. You would need to discuss entry point with engineer.  If you have an existing line and master socket for FTTC then there may be no requirement for engineer visit

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 4 of 7

Hi 

Thanks for reply. I'm assuming that if it comes in close to where the smarthub will be then this will mean less wires being taken through walls within the house. The present entry point is into my hallway and then into a cupboard.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Hi

Thanks for this.

I believe that I am getting FTTC. It is described as Fibre 2 and not Full Fibre 2. I am getting an engineer's visit. Would that be because the phone line has been redundant for all the time I was with virgin? I want to be as prepared as I can be. I feel that if I am not well prepared then I will not get what I want.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

If FTTC do you have a socket like this

Keith_Beddoe_1-1577035100602.jpeg

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 7 of 7

No. I don't have 2 sockets in the box - just one. I think it is very old

0 Ratings