cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Response times

Blue light on the router but no internet. Followed the online diagnostic process, fault detected, type BOOK for appointment and so on. Nothing. Eventually spoke to someone on the phone - it takes 7 days before an engineer to visit. 

I don’t think the fault is in my property but website says no issues in my area.  

Is this response time normal? No internet for 7 days? I work from home. 

O

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Response times

@Jimcookeuk 

I expect Openreach are busy with faults. Business customers get priority over residential.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Yeah - I’m concerned that they are sending a cube engineer and then it transpires it’s an Open Reach thing. Blue light on the router implies an issue outside somewhere (I assume!)

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Blue light would indicate no issue, unless its a core network problem. Have you tried a factory reset of the home hub, and does this affect Ethernet connected devices?

Have you looked at the home hub event log, as that should give you a clue?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Blue light on the Hub means it's successfully connected to the Internet. Have you tried both wireless & ethernet connections? If you have then may be worth looking a Ebay or Facebook Marketplace for a cheap replacement locally to try.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Thanks for all the advice - will check all those when I get home later. Much appreciated!

0 Ratings