cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Router fault?

Had BT fibre about 18 months and had relatively few problems (main ongoing one is having to reboot the router every few weeks when my office mini pc wifi starts getting refused wifi connections).

But since last Saturday the router appears to be locking up and I'm having to restart it multiple times a day. This is causing problems with working from home as apart from the outages I'm having the IP recycled every time, and I have to have it whitelisted for work access.

At first I thought it was a line outage as I have my TV on ethernet and can't remember seeing a drop out on that ever. Restarting the box fixed it, but when it happened again 4 or 5 times next day I also noticed I couldn't even get to the smarthub homepage or see my internal network. It's happened most days since too.

This all suggests a router problem, yes? I should also note the router light remains blue and the lights on the wall panel are as normal.

I've tried all the BT remote testers I've found online, followed the advice to pull the plug on router on wall, but as it works on reboot, I have nowhere to go unless I lie on the "is it working now?" prompt.

I notice I got a new firmware overnight othwerwise I would have got to the point of picking up the phone this morning.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Router fault?

did you try a factory reset of the SH2 by pressing the recessed button on back and holding 20/30 secs until hub lights flash  when reboots remember turn of smart setup in hub manager

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 3

Re: Router fault?

No I haven't tbh. Forgot it was an option. Will give it a go next time it 'locks' (or over the weekend if it doesn't).

0 Ratings