cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11

Schrodinger's FTTP

I recently got a letter and an email informing me FTTP was now available to my property. When I go to the BT website and put in my postcode it let's me select the 900Mbps package but once I login it doesn't have any FTTP packages available. Openreach have the address listed as FTTP available as well.

The strange thing is using BT's wholesale broadband checker, if I put in my phone number (BT line) it comes up saying the line is served by cabinet 52 and FTTP is not available. If I type in my address, it still says my address is served by cabinet 52 but this time says it is available.

I tried calling a few days back and they weren't sure why it wasn't yet available, only that Openreach mustn't have activated yet but it sounded like they were guessing.

Anybody have any idea what is going on?

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: Schrodinger's FTTP

The street cab is immaterial when getting FTTP  you can try phoning FTTP TEAM  08005874787 and see if they can help but could be a problem is FTTP not shown as available on dslchecker

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 11

Sounds like an ORDI request is needed to align the account to the correct NADKEY.

Try calling the FTTP Team 0800 587 4787

Message 4 of 11

Thank you, I guess I'll give them a call.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 11

Thanks!
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 11

I had same problem.
The issue I had is that you cant upgrade from fibre to ultra fast.
It is not over the copper line so system wont show upgrade and its confused hence not showing as an uprgade option.Call them and they will treat you as new user and by doing so create an order and close the existing line.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 11

Schrodinger said that the problem would only be resolved when the sealed box was opened, so until then the cat was both dead and alive.  So apparently you do have FTTP........and you don't.  Quantum physics is wonderful, isn't it?

Message 8 of 11

Yea and they will come back...Bazinga...actually you dont have anything 😆 LOL

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 11

As the vet said: "well Mr Shrodinger, I have some good news and I have some bad news".  Pretty much the same sort of thing happened to me when there was a recent fibre outage in my area (not BT's fault - another utility's digger was involved).  Most providers owned up and BT sent me a nice little modem.  But one of my neighbours with another company had a Shrodinger experience.  He took a picture of his ONT with the dreaded red light of doom lit up, but his provider insisted for days that there wasn't a fault and 'they could see' at their end that he had a connection.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 11

My advice would be, given how botched FTTP roll out is on openreach and BT and the number of issues people are having. If your current FTTC connection is stable and fast enough stick with it until at least a few people in your area have it. Otherwise you'll have to pay the price of early adoption with potential issues and headaches.

Another thing to consider if you can afford, consider taking out FTTP on a separate account rather than upgrading your existing package. If some thing goes wrong with your FTTP install BT will not let you go back to copper. I was left in a situation where they completed my order and turned off my copper without my fibre working .

0 Ratings