cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Secondary extension

Go to solution

I am switching from Virgin Media, who I have used since moving into my flat several years ago. Upon inspection, I can see my BT Master socket is in an inconvenient location. I understand this is not unusual.

There was a secondary connection in the ideal location behind my TV, however I can see that Virgin Media disconnected this and have used the space to dangle their cable through.

the pre-existing BT cable remains within the multimedia socket (along with the aerial cable, which I suppose I will also need to reconnect to the faceplate somehow).

Openreach have been booked to reconnect my flat. Will they reactivate this secondary socket? Virgin removed the module and put a blank with a hole in the faceplate - will they have one they can use (I can see they are a couple of pounds online), or will I need to buy and instal it?
Thank you in advance to anybody who is able to assist.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Secondary extension

Go to solution

Speak to the engineer when they call to do the install. They will usually fit things where you want them and if they can't they will explain why not.

The engineer will have all the parts that are needed for the install so you do not need to source anything.

Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

what BT package have you ordered?  is it fibre to your home?  if so are you getting Digital Voice?  if DV that no longer uses the master socket and the SH2 acts as a dect base station for VOIP

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Thank you, that’s very reassuring to know.

Thank you for taking the time to reply.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

I’m not completely sure of those details, but thank you for replying.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

If you have already placed an order with BT for broadband and phone then you should have received an email of confirmation which sets out what you have agreed and needs to be checked to ensure accuracy

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings