cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Slow FTTC and multiple disconnects

Having issues with my FTTC service.

Router used to sync and have a data rate of 70Mb.

Sync rate and data rate has now dropped to 35Mb with multiple disconnects a day. The is well below my stay fast speed for my service.

Fault reported with BT and Qube engineer visited this morning and confirmed the fault was not internal and would require an Openreach engineer.

My fault VOL053-************* is now showing as fixed when I track online stating I have told BT the fault has been repaired.

Can someone assist with this please, nothing has changed and the fault still remains.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Slow FTTC and multiple disconnects

Call customer services and tell them the fault hasn't been fixed.

Please delete the vol reference from your post as it is personal information.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Thank you for the reply.

Will try that and hopefully solve the problem, just hoping I won't be going round in circles with this.

Previously the mods on here have been incredibly helpful when standard help channels prove useless with BT.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

I have a similar issue and am waiting for Openreach to contact me. Someone in our village thinks it could be corroded contacts causing noise on the copper line from the cabinet. My download speed is only 13-14 Mb/s so have the double whammy of drop outs and connection slowing to below the 8 Mb/s required for streaming the sport.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Openreach engineer has visited and stated multiple properties in my street are having the same issue.

Going to keep a record connection speeds and the disconnections from router logs.

I have a feeling this is going to take some time to fix.

0 Ratings