cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 17

Re: Slow sync speed with no reason

Thank you very much.  I suspected something was amiss.

What is 'atainable' in this context you use?

Also, I have no phone.  I have a phone line purely for broadband nothing more.

And I can only see one socket - I am in a flat, the installation engineer did say when he ran a test I am getting the max speed due to as I stated, I am close to the cabinet.

I don;t know anything about all this sorry nor test sockets.  I am calling BT currently just waiting for a reply.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 17

So BT sent an openreach gentleman out who was confused as to why he was here, he could not find any issue and said I am syncing barely any different to what I am set at at the cabinet or SOMETHING like that, there doesn't seem to be any discrepancy he said my max was around 30 and I was a hair away from it he isn't sure what he is supposed to actually do and he is never normally sent out in the FIRST 10 days.

I ran a ping test after he has been here and I got a bunch of 9-10's - HALF what I had been having since I was connected (I was getting pretty consistent 18-20 which truthfully I was a bit sad about.

I ran it again several times, and same but the screenshot just happens to be a bunch of 10's but often it's a line of 9's but didn't screenshot that as 1ms is not the point I am making - the point being - WTH?  I mean, I am synced at 29.0 down/7.4 up (this dropped a bit from 30.9 due to him fiddling with the line in the first 10 days basically.)

Anybody have any thoughts? IN GENERAL, about ANYTHING? I mean that ping is fantastic to me.  I still feel something is off I mean how am I not even meeting my 'stay fast guarantee'

Oh the only one thing he did do was replace the socket with an openreach one as I had an old style one with microfilter - he said I did not need that now as it's all built into the socket.  I just wanna know what could be going wrong with my sync speed.  This can't be right 😞

ping2.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 17

if you have broadband  only now and no longer have landline phone can you check the dslchecker again but using your current address.  It may be your phone line is not as good as expected resulting in lower speeds

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 14 of 17

Thanks for the reply.

Honestly I have no idea what this result actually tells me sorry.

Untitled3.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 17

And how is my ping so AMAZING suddenly!????

Untitled3.jpg

I mean 9-10 ping is something I have always dreamed of lol seeing single digit ping is something special and literally how such a coincidence it's been like this since Mr Openreach visited.  If there is one thing I have learned in the last 15 years it's you can't significantly change ping - yet it's HALVED.

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 17

the dslchecker results show expected speed rangeon fibre 2 is 74/52mb but that is based on a good line and good connection.  your stats certainly suggest your attainable is only 35mb so your line is possibly not great and maybe some aluminium instead of copper

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 17 of 17

Well, that's just depressing.

0 Ratings