cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Smart hub, full fiber, new home

Go to solution

Hi all, I am a few hours in to reading anything I can find, but flashing purple is slowly killing me.  

I have moved into a new house, and for reasons I don't understand, I have 10 days to wait for "my" full fiber to be turned on.  

It seems the seller has been told theirs is being turned off the same day.  

They are happy for me to use theirs, but they took their hub with them.  

I have a smart hub I have borrowed locally, but can't get it to move from flashing purple.  

There is an open reach modem with an ethernet cable plugged into port 1.  It only has one port, but when I plug the other end into the smart hub, the port 1 light comes on, on the modem.  

The smart hub has the other end in port 4.  

It is a smart hub and not a smart hub 2..  but one of the pages I found on BT was that would work with full fiber.  

I can find a lot of things about changing the smart hub 2 to use full fiber, but the settings don't seem to be on this smart hub.  

I have the full fiber set up instructions for the smart hub, but still have flashing purple.  

Is there something I am missing?  

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Smart hub, full fiber, new home

Go to solution

the SH you have does not have a WAN port so will not work with full fibre connected to ONT.  you need to wait for BT to send you a SH2 with WAN post

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 3

Re: Smart hub, full fiber, new home

Go to solution
Thankyou.
0 Ratings