cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

Smart hub plus

Hi has anyone been able to get the the ee smart hub plus router without switching to ee ? 

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: Smart hub plus

@Ben36551 They are already available on eBay if you really want one now.

I'm not sure you are ever going to get one from BT, you will likely need to transfer your services to EE, I suspect they consider it an incentive to switch. 

Have you seen the pictures this week of the EE WiFI 7 router that is coming soon? Now that is ugly, but at least it isn't an upturned spider I suppose.

New EE WIFI 7 routerNew EE WIFI 7 router

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | EE TV Pro | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 10

Thanks for the reply if I did buy one would everything work okay? Plug and play ? 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 10

Sorry for jumping on your thread OP, but I wanted to ask does EE Smart Hub Plus have a better WiFi range than the BT Smart Hub 2, or not?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 10

No problem iam not sure , i would have thought so I’m wanting it for the wifi 6

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 10

I presume you have FTTP

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 10

@Ben36551 I believe from previous threads it is plug and play as it is all kit from the same company using the same network, but caveat emptor.

@c64z86 As I understand it, WiFi 6 uses the same bands as WiFi 5 but with greater throughput. So not necessarily any further reach, but more bandwidth and speed.

Whether you have a connection and devices that can benefit from it though is another question. 

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | EE TV Pro | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
Message 8 of 10

Yes currently have the 900mb package, I’m out of contract but really can’t be bothered with all the chew of switching over to ee as Iv read many horror stories. 

Message 9 of 10

Great thanks for your help ! 

Message 10 of 10

Thank you!