cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 41 of 83

Re: SmartHub despatch time

If my existing wire is in ducting/tubing then yes but it may not be and the nearest telephone pole isn't close enough to do it overhead! So will be interesting to see what happens lol

0 Ratings
Message 42 of 83

Time to eat my words and apologise, my SH2 was delivered today ahead of tomorrow’s installation. Shouldn’t have doubted BT, although if they hadn’t cut it so fine I wouldn’t have gone out and bought a hub from Facebook Marketplace. So I’ve now got two brand new ones, will have to see if I can sell one for more than I’ve paid 😊

0 Ratings
Message 43 of 83

Mine came today, although should have arrived last Thursday so I now have two too.  I'll probably sell the new one to someone else who is waiting and they'll be a never ending circle of ones being posted out being sold.  I do notice that BT record the serial number of the one that has been sent so not sure if that makes any difference at any point regarding support.  I only ended up paying a tenner for my other one so I may just keep it as a back up. Not sure yet.  Either way now looking at replacing my white disks as they can't keep up with my fibre 500! which is a nice problem to have I suppose.

0 Ratings
Message 44 of 83

I suggested installing it above the kitchen cupboards which he then found an old BT socket so was much easier for him. He was still here for nearly 3 hours though I suspect some of that was lunch break. 

hub still hasn’t arrived but I’m all up and running, 

Message 45 of 83

@Trish0502 glad you got sorted. My engineer didn't turn up today for the rescheduled appointment!!

Message 46 of 83

@stitch666 

There could potentially be issues should you need to return the Hub in the future, if the serial numbers don't match.

In any case I'd suggest it's well worth having a spare. If you have a problem in the future you can quickly prove if it's the Hub by just swapping it. And if it is the Hub, you won't have to wait while BT send out a replacement.

Message 47 of 83

@rbz5416 wrote:

@stitch666 

There could potentially be issues should you need to return the Hub in the future, if the serial numbers don't match.

Indeed, BT hubs are now loaned rather than owned and are required to be returned if changing provider.

0 Ratings
Message 48 of 83

oh no did they say why??

Hope they turn up tomorrow

Message 49 of 83

@Trish0502 they didn't say why and when we called the engineer's mobile they'd said call us back and they didn't! So spoke to BT and on the system the engineers told them that we missed our appointment on Friday and that we had no appointment today both statements are incorrect. They arrived here on Friday and said it was too dark to start and that another engineer with all the equipment was held up so to reschedule for Tuesday (today) and then they haven't turned up at all and when called to ask why they said they'd speak to a manager and call me back but no reply back yet. 

So back speaking to BT, BT thought I missed the appointment so they were going to give me the first next available appointment which is in 2 weeks so I told BT what happened and they moved it to next week. Has been a bit of an inconvience and my whole household rearranged their schedules for today!!

0 Ratings
Message 50 of 83

Oh no what a total faff. Communication breakdown somewhere.

My hub arrived today thought yay finally I can get online. Plugged it all in then realised they didn’t send a filter!! Guessing I’ll have to wait a week to receive that. Royal Mail strikes don’t help. So annoying . 

I hope you get connected soon 

0 Ratings