cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 83

Re: SmartHub despatch time

Ah thanks for letting me know. It looks like someone might have a plusnet hub 2.0 fairly local (20 miles), at a cost of £40. But I might be better off doing that than losing work over the weekend. By the look of it it’s just a reskinned SH2 unless I’m mistaken.
0 Ratings
Message 12 of 83

It is basically the same router but I've no idea if there's anything stopping it being used on BT. Plusnet & BT routers have always been interchangeable but I's suggest you need to eb sure before buying, especially as that's a bit pricey IMO.

Might be worth a trawl of the Plusnet forums for an answer & posting the question there if you can't find one.

Message 13 of 83

One of these will do you for less than £30. TP-Link ARCHER A5 AC1200

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 83

Thanks I will try and find one in Argos or Currys or try and find an online seller which can do next day delivery without using Royal Mail.
0 Ratings
Message 15 of 83

I’m in a similar position to yourself, my order for Fibre 500 was place on 3 November with an installation date of 7 Dec. The SH2 is due to be delivered on 5Dec 🤞but why cut it so fine ? There seems to be no reason why the Hub couldn’t be sent out in plenty of time before the installation rather than risking things.

Will be interested to hear how you get on.

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 83

It still says Royal Mail is waiting to receive the package from BT, it’s been like that since Monday. I’ve had to source another hub as I can’t to several days with no internet so had no option. @Safsnowball 

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 83

@stitch666 Did you go with the TP link suggestion? I might have to do the same, but reading reviews about it, it seems to be limited to 100mb. I guess as a stopgap it will do, wonder if BT will reimburse you 😊

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 83

I managed to find someone selling a SmartHub 2 hub about an hour away so going to pick that up this afternoon.
0 Ratings
Message 19 of 83

@SafsnowballReally, where did you get that info?

Product Description TP-Link Archer A5 - wireless router - 802.11a/b/g/n/ac - desktop Device 

Type Wireless router - 4-port switch (integrated)

Enclosure Type Desktop

WAN Ports Qty 1 Data Link Protocol Ethernet, Fast Ethernet, IEEE 802.11b, IEEE 802.11a, IEEE 802.11g, IEEE 802.11n, IEEE 802.11ac

Frequency Band 2.4 GHz / 5 GHz

Data Transfer Rate 1200 Mbps

You will not be reimbused by BT.

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 83

You missed the part where it says the Ethernet ports are fast Ethernet, hence only 100M

Wireless transfer speed is irrelevant unless you are transferring files within the wireless LAN