cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 83

Re: SmartHub despatch time

Nice catch @licquorice. I should have read the full tech specs. My bad.

Message 22 of 83

Did you get your hub in the end? My installation is scheduled for Monday, but as of today (Saturday), my hub hasn't even been collected yet according to the tracking info. As others have said, why do BT do a 'just in time' delivery on these, when there's normally weeks of lead time in which they could send it?

0 Ratings
Message 23 of 83

No. I had a text yesterday afternoon saying it had just been picked up by Royal Mail.  Luckily I had already purchased one privately the day before so I was up and running pretty quickly when it changed over.  Skys service stopped just after midnight and BTs started around 3am.  If I hadn’t got my own hub I wouldn’t have had internet Friday, today, tomorrow and most likely Monday and Tuesday.

0 Ratings
Message 24 of 83

@NeilJonesOnline 

I'd make the same suggestion of looking to Facebook Marketplace, Gumtree or a nearby Ebay seller.

@stitch666 

Glad you got a resolution of sorts. At least when the other one turns up you'll have a spare!

0 Ratings
Message 25 of 83

I'd make the same suggestion of looking to Facebook Marketplace, Gumtree or a nearby Ebay seller.”

Shouldn’t have to though should we? A bit of common sense on BT’s part would make things so much simpler. My Hub supposedly despatched by BT Thursday but according to tracking not yet received by Royal Mail. ☹️

0 Ratings
Message 26 of 83

Absolutely not. But as you have found, it's a better option than having no service & possibly having to talk to the wife!

0 Ratings
Message 27 of 83

Hub

My smart hub 2 was sent on Monday evening by BT and it's still not here yet! My engineer appointment has passed and they rescheduled it for next week. You'd think in anticipation of the strikes that they'd change to a next day guaranteed delivery service with royal mail instead of tracked 48 or use a different company during RM strike action.

0 Ratings
Message 28 of 83

I'm covered, I'll be using by existing Amplifi Alien anyway rather than the hub. But it's still frustrating dealing with a company who can't get stuff like this right - why cut it so fine when it's unnecessary and things clearly can go wrong?

0 Ratings
Message 29 of 83

Had a nice email from BT today about my installation on Wednesday, amongst it was

• Please make sure you've received your hub and it's ready for your engineer to set up.

Well that’s nice given that they are the ones responsible for sending it, and according to the tracking Royal Mail haven’t even received it yet.

So as others have had to do I’ve resorted to sourcing a SH2 on Facebook Marketplace. Will spend an hours round trip tomorrow to pick it up. Repeating myself, but it shouldn’t be necessary ☹️

0 Ratings
Message 30 of 83

Been waiting a week for mine. Tracking states it been sitting in Milton Keynes mail depot for  4 days now.  

Engineer came and installed fibre on Friday (no idea if it works - I assume it does). Very tidy job to be fair.

So just waiting on router delivery with no working internet since Friday - great.  

Oh annoying emails/texts saying I'm "up and running" etc!!

0 Ratings