cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Speed to hub fluctuating on fftp

Hi

I had Fftp installed mid June, the speed to my hub is fluctuating wildly. The speed goes from 950Mb down to 260Mb and various speeds in between. I have now had 3 Openreach engineer visits and a home tech expert, 3 hubs (the original hub 1 and 2 hub 2’s) 2 new cat 5e cables and a new ONT box.

BT seem only interested in the speed from the hub to the devices, which is good when the speed to the hub is good, but poor when it drops. 
Open reach have acknowledged there seems to be a problem, but have checked the line and today had the line ‘rebuilt’ but I still have the issue, in fact my hub went down completely about 2 hours after he left.

Openreach are telling me it’s a BT issue, but BT are saying it’s an Openreach issue.

I’m beginning to despair I should have a guaranteed speed to the hub of 700Mb but 90% of the time not getting it and no one is taking ownership

has anyone else experienced the same problem?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Speed to hub fluctuating on fftp

BT have never been interested in speed to devices. No ISP has. Speed guarantees are only to the hub, if you get those speeds there they are not in breech of contract.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Thats the problem, I am supposed to be guaranteed 700mb to the hub, but the speed goes anywhere between 950 and 250. 

When I speak to BT they keep telling me that they can't guarantee speed to a device, I have explained time and time again to them that it's the speed to the hub that is the problem. BT blame Openreach and Openreach blame BT. After 3 new hubs, new cables and a new ONT box nothing has improved

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Hi suerbo

Have you tried running the speed test in the MY BT app at different times of the day?

BT accept this as evidence you are not getting the promised speed, so screen shot the results as appropriate.

What you describe looks like it could possibly be a contention issue.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Hi,

I have run the speed test numerous different times of the day and there is no pattern, I have also taken screen shots of the results so have the proof.

At the moment Open reach say it's a bt problem and BT say its an Openreach problem.

I've got another Openreach engineer booked for today

I have noticed my cable goes through a tree - could this be the issue?

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Hi

Is the problem worse when it is windy?

The fact it goes through a tree makes the cable vulnerable,  especially during storms

0 Ratings