cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Strange Behaviour - random reboots after changing DV services

Go to solution

Been on Fibre900 since February. Very stable and reliable.

A couple of days ago I changed the following via the BT website:

• changed from unlimited calls to PAYG
  • removed/turned off voicemail
  • removed/turned off call diversion 

Perhaps this is coincidental but I am now seeing random connection issues. The internet seems to drop out every few hours.

The network uptime and system uptime BOTH reset to 0 on the SH2 status page which seems to indicate the SH2 is actually rebooting rather than just losing internet.

(my Ubiquiti Dream Machine Pro was also rebooting in the same way so I put the SH2 back instead as I assumed the UDM Pro was faulty but clearly not).

I have power cycled the ONT but still seeing the same behaviour.

Can BT/Openreach send a ‘reboot router’ command remotely? If so why?

Can an FTTP fault somewhere outside of my property cause the router to reboot?

Could this be a DOS attack that is flooding the router and overloading it causing a reboot?

Thanks for any thoughts or ideas

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Strange Behaviour - random reboots after changing DV services

Go to solution

Your UDM is literally rebooting too?

You had digital voice services and used the UDM? Its nearly impossible to get DV to work without using the SH

You sure you dont just have a faulty power connection in that area causing things to power off and on?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT900 | Nokia ONT | Ubiquiti ER-X | EETV Box Pro (IP Mode) | Unifi CK2 | 6x Unifi U6+ | 2x Unifi SAK Ultra
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

The ONT would show any FTTP fault. Have you tried a pinhole reset of the hub and/or the UDM?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Thanks for the replies.

I was literally using Call Diversion only with DV and diverting to a mobile - the ONT was plugged straight into the UDM Pro.

Both this and the SH2 were rebooting regularly but the Ubiquiti switch running from the same PDU in my mini rack was not - this showed an uptime of several months.

Anyhoo - I identified the culprit.

The PDU was plugged into a TPLink Tapo smart plug that I was using as an energy monitor - this was continually and momentarily flicking on and off - enough to upset the UDM Pro and the SH2 but not the switch for some reason.

Plugged the PDU straight into a mains socket and it has been stable all day.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Ahh I see!

Nice bit of kit those UDM's

Glad it was a simple fix!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT900 | Nokia ONT | Ubiquiti ER-X | EETV Box Pro (IP Mode) | Unifi CK2 | 6x Unifi U6+ | 2x Unifi SAK Ultra