cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 14

Re: Tenancy Management company has requirements for installing fibre. Possible and worth pursuing?

Unless you have some kind of hole pre-existing they can use, although I doubt it as that would go against Fire Regs then I can virtually guarantee they will need to drill a hole, maybe even 2 or 3 depending on where you want the ONT situating.

Oh, and the ONT has to be fixed to a wall, as well as the Invisilight Spool Box. So that’s more drilling.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 14

Re: Tenancy Management company has requirements for installing fibre. Possible and worth pursuing?

Well, I hope that I can at least discuss things with the engineer anyways. Then I can check if I can get an installation plan or downgrade to FTTC 🥲

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 14

Is it the actual owner of the Block/Flat doing this or just a Letting Agent?

Years back when I rented a house I wanted to get what was then NTL Cable TV Installed.

The Letting Agent was demanding similar nonsense to what yours want. Of course this included me paying them an Admin Fee, 😒. This is why I hate Estate Agents, they’re vile disgusting leeches who would charge their own Mother an Admin Fee given the chance.

Luckily my girlfriend at the time worked for the Landlords wife, she spoke to her about it and her husband gave us direct permission to have the Cable Installed. Plus they didn’t charge an Admin Fee.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 14

Hmm I don't know how to explain well, but during the whole process I was 2 levels away from the landlord.

Letting agency doing views -> Tenancy Manager -> Landlord.

So the guys in the middle, the Tenancy Managers are being the blockers. Which is why I think it's hard to convince them. I think they don't give a toss if having full fibre makes the property more attractive as they are not the ones doing the viewings.

I was thinking of replying to their demands asking if they had anyone successfully comply to these requests in the first place lol

0 Ratings