cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Two existing ISPs with FTTC

Go to solution

Hi I’m upgrading to FTTP BT full fibre 900 next month and I have a few questions, I currently have two FTTC providers one being BT and the other Sky (for the others in the house)my question is will installing FTTP for my BT service mess with the SKY service? I’m pretty sure my BT line uses the spare pair on the existing copper line. So I’m worrying that they will accidentally remove the copper cable and in result kill the sky fttc in the process. if anyone has any wisdom on this can you please share it!

im guessing if I just ask them to leave the copper wire they would?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Two existing ISPs with FTTC

Go to solution

Yes, just make it clear to the engineer that the copper cable is to be kept and you’ll be fine.

Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Ah okay, Thanks for the reply!

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

I would suggest keeping en eye out for the OR engineer so you can have a word as soon as they arrive to start work. It would be better to make sure that they're aware there's two lines & that Sky is to remain before they start work.

Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

@rbz5416 Yeah i have a 1 stage install so i think that means they will only visit on the confirmed date right? If so i will greet them and make sure they're aware asap!

Thanks.

0 Ratings