cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Unable to get FTTP

Hello there, I recently moved into a house that was owned by an elderly lady who never used internet. I recently got internet installed (copper FTTC) as a BT customer and I've spoken to my neighbors who are on FTTP (1000mbps down vs my 20mbps). When I check my address on wholesale checker FTTP is unavailable however the neighbor literally next door / 10 meters away, currently has got FTTP. 

When the BT open reach engineer attended my copper installation he said that there was capacity on the FTTP node and I should be able to get it. He advised me that due to the previous owner not having internet that the system may not be up to date. Is there a way of having the system updated so I can upgrade to FTTP? As I'd love to upgrade asap as I need the bandwidth for gaming / streaming.

Thank you very much in advance 🙂 

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Unable to get FTTP

if you recently moved but now have FTTC connected try using your phone number here and post results

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 7

So this is what comes up when I search my phone number / address into the checker. But below that image I've put my neighbors one who is literally less than 10 meters away.

DanielS_0-1669668341153.png

Neighbors one:

DanielS_1-1669668018310.png

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Try phoning the FTTP TEAM 08005874787 and see if they can help you

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 5 of 7

Its usually some sort of address error when very near neighbours have different options as far as ordering service , however there is an address , that seems very similar to your address , Station Cottage, Pitcaple Inverurie , but the postcode is AB51 5HJ, this is different to the postcode quoted for both yourself and a neighbour that can order FTTP , AB51 5DQ,
Was/ is your property known by another name ?, are you sure your postcode is correct ?
If your existing overhead feed is effectively from the same pole as Rowan Cottage, and you can see a FTTP CBT ( fibre DP ) on the pole , your address hasn’t been assigned to that CBT , and that’s an addressing issue.

Message 6 of 7

I will give them a call when I get a chance 🙂 Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Hey I just wanted to ask if you were able to find out about this? I’m having the exact same problem as you. My whole street have full fibre but I don’t which is crazy!
0 Ratings