cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Unable to send 'HELP' to 61998

My BT fiber is very slow these days and I get 9 MBPS to 30 MBPS speed in the evening time. To this regard I am trying to raise a complaint but BT has changed their system in such a way that there is no way I can connect to their customer care executive.

I went online and did trouble shooting for my broadband connection, the system restarted my hub and send message on my mobile to reply CALLBACK. Unfortunately, I am a Lyca Mobile user thus my mobile is not allowing me to send SMS to 61998. 

Then I tried to call 0330 1234 150 but the automated call closed the call stating to reply "HELP" on 61998. 

I tried to connect to the CHAT window but I have been in the queue for the last 1 & half hours.

Parallelly I called on 0800800150 from my other lyca mobile but again I have been on listening to music for last 40 mins. Not sure how to contact customer care and raise a complaint?

Any one can help how to contact or raise a complain for the slow speed when I am supposed to get 150 MBPS?

Thanks in Advance

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Unable to send 'HELP' to 61998

The guaranteed speed of 150mb is connection speed to your router not download speed to your device. Is the 9/30 mb download speed to your devices over WiFi or ethernet.  If WiFi what speeds do you get using ethernet

Run speed test at fast.com

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Thank you for your qui k reply, my sons laptop is connected with network cable and he get the same speed of 10 to 30 MBPS in evening time and this is happening from last 2-3 months.

My problem is frequent drops in the speed, in the evening time. Day time same speed test shows 130 to 150 MBPS on intranet as well as on wifi devices, but evening same devices at same location shows 9 to 30mbps.

There is no electronic device close to router. I also tested speed by blocking all connected devices and the result was same.

Dev

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

As the connection speed to your router is ok then problem is download speed to device which is not guaranteed. What speed do you get using ethernet on fast.com

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

I think he said that during the day he gets expected speeds to the property, but that speed to the property drops considerably in the evening.

He has concluded that something is happening in the evenings on the BT side of the router.

If I remember a BT support person may look in soon.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

@Irish-Lynda 

If connection speed is as expected it will not change unless there is a router reset which is not mentioned so I think the speeds of 9/30mb are download speeds to devices not a drop in connection speed. Still waiting on fast.clm results to device. It could be congestion as the connection is not personal but shared by others

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Thank you for your reply,

That is correct, yester after 3 hours of struggling, I was finally able to connect to BT customer care, they did checked and found there is frequent drop from high to low.

They booked an engineer to visit the property and check. 

The problem is engineer is booked between 2 to 4:00 and my speed drop issue occurs after 5:00 or anytime after 5:00.

Hope he is able to help.

Also BT should provide a better way to connect to customer care who do not have BT mobiles. Spending 3+ hours to connect to customer care in this fast world can never be justified.

Anyway thanks to everyone for their quick reply.

Regards

Dev

0 Ratings