cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Upgrade Fibre Halo 1 to Fibre Halo 3

Go to solution

If I upgrade from Fibre Halo 1 (36mb) to Fibre Halo 3 (74mb), does an engineer need to visit my home to install it?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Upgrade Fibre Halo 1 to Fibre Halo 3

Go to solution

no

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Halo is only the name of the add-on benefits, not a fibre package.

You intimate by the speeds quoted that you will be upgrading from Fibre 1 to Fibre 2. If this is like-for-like then as @imjolly said, no visit required. If however you are changing from a Fibre 1 to Full Fibre 2 then that will require a visit to install the new fibre connection & ONT.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Keep in mind that even although you are "upgrading" to Halo3 it does not necessarily mean you will get any "upgrade" in speed.

It depends on what your line can support. If you are not getting the top speed for the product you are already on it means that you will not see any increase in speed on the "upgraded" package.

Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

@rbz5416  I'm not sure it would be an FTTP upgrade as the indicated speed intimates it is not a full fibre upgrade as that would be 79mbs not 74 as I would expect.

Using the ADSL checker would confirm otherwise. the OP's current speeds do suggest it may be.

If @Tinkerbell12 could post the result of the checker then we would know.

0 Ratings