cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Upgrade from Infinity to Full Fibre

Go to solution

Hi all.

I'm hoping a MOD may be able to help me.

OK, so I have been on Infinity2 for a few years in Tunbridge Wells. My phone and Infinity provider has always been BT.

Tunbridge Wells is one of the Fibre First exchanges and there has been a steady rollout of this across the town. It has now reached my area.

Using the checker https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com  with my telephone number shows that WBC FTTP is not currently available.

However, if I enter my actual address the site tells me it is available.

I checked on the BT website to see if I could upgrade to Full Fibre but there are none available. However, putting in my actual address and do a search it shows the new Fibre packages.

Calling BT directly I asked if I could upgrade - they said no. I then asked them to search for my address and bingo it showed the offers. The guy suggested he do a 'move' for me to my own address and then he could order the new product.

Excellent - BUT as part of this 'move' I will lose my landline and will have to take up Digital Voice. This is something I know we will all have to do come 2025. I do not want to stop using my beloved Viscount and Tribune telephones that are so reliable and have excellent voice transmission.

I went ahead and agreed the order and the work will be carried out Monday 24 Jan. This morning having slept on it I am not feeling very comfortable about the whole situation and am tempted to cancel the order.

Can a MOD please investigate for me to find out

a) why my phone number was not showing I could upgrade to new Fibre but my actual address shows I can get it.

b) why I had to have a 'move' to get the new Fibre products

c) why this move means I have to lose my landline.

Many thanks in advance!

Paul

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Upgrade from Infinity to Full Fibre

Go to solution

there are numerous posts about changing to DV.  you will not use the ability to continue to use your existing phones as you can either connect to socket on back of SH2 or get a DV adapter which will allow you to continue to use existing phones at another location in your home

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

As imjolly has said for point c take a look around the community for moving to digital voice.

To parts a and b this can happen when the phone number is assigned to a NAD key that is different to the one the address is assigned and the one Openreach have associated with their full fibre network plans would seem to the the one the address is using. This can happen over time due to different reasons. 

To resolve that a ORDI request would need to be done to perform some data integrity checks and align those records correctly.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Hi jac_95

Thanks for your reply. I have found details about the SH2 and DV adapters that may work with my existing handsets.

Ah, ok re NAD key. I see what you mean. How could I go about doing an ORDI request? - although theoretically if my installation goes ahead that will now align the records - or would it!

P

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

**UPDATE**

Just called BT and spoke to a very helpful lady on the Fibre Team. She could see the problem regarding ORDI and has issued a request to get the NAD key details updated.

She cancelled my order as the 'move' order request was not the correct way to get the Fibre product. This should be done as a regrade once my details are correct.

Thanks for your help guys.

I will close this discussion

0 Ratings