cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Upgraded from 500mbps to 900mbps, no difference in maximum speed

I upgraded from the 500 to 900 package, using a TP Link Deco X60 mesh system instead of the BT provided router.

Before I upgraded, the X60 gave me roughly identical ethernet and wifi speeds of 480mbps and is capable of well over 1000mbps for local transfers between two wifi devices.

With the new 900mbps package, the wifi and ethernet speeds are still at 480mbps. It's as if it hasn't been upgraded at all, it does state I'm on the 900mbps package when looking on myBT.

I'm not sure what to do, any advice would be appreciated.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Upgraded from 500mbps to 900mbps, no difference in maximum speed

Try running fast.com and see what speed you get over ethernet

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Fast.com always gives weird results, normally get between 1.4Gb and 2.4Gb  Given that both the ports on the SH2 and my PC are limited to Gigabite it has to be giving false results

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Really odd never had any problems with fast.com

Try the btspedster 

https://speedtest.btwholesale.com/

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

They're all roughly 480mbps.

I tried:

fast.com

Speedtest.net

Speedtest.btwholesale.com

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

If the upgrade has not happened after 3/4 days stable connection then post back

0 Ratings