cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Upgrading & broadband issues.

Go to solution

I have been having issues with my broadband for roughly a week and a half now, consistently dropping out with both flashing orange and purple lights on my hub. I also have been experiencing high packet loss and latency issues too. The BT diagnostic bot has found a fault in my area and estimated an engineer investigation by the 23rd December 2023. I was wanting to upgrade to the 900mb/s halo 3 package but was concerned if I should wait until the issue is resolved before upgrading or if I should just upgrade anyway while the fault is being diagnosed and rectified?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Upgrading & broadband issues.

Go to solution
Are you on FTTP already , or would this change be from ADSL/VDSL to FTTP ?
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

do you currently have FTTP or still on FTTC?  if FTTC then an upgrade to FTTP 900mb should be to be ordered as it does not use any of the existing connections

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

I don't fully know, when I received my current plan in 2020 it was labelled "fiber 2", I apologise if this isn't great insight, I'm not very knowledgeable about my broadband input to my property 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Does your router connect to a regular telephone socket or to a white box with LEDs on it (ONT)?

rbz5416_0-1702896631635.png

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

If you are on Fibre 2 as opposed to Full Fibre 2 , chances are you are not on FTTP , so as stated moving to FTTP 900Mb will be a separate network to what you are on now , so obviously any defects on the old network won’t carry over to the new .
If you do order FTTP , you could cancel your fault report yourself , or presumably at some point BT or Openreach would realise you had migrated and cancel that fault report anyway .

If you ordered FTTP it’s not likely to be fitted before the 23rd December